Tuesday, September 30, 2008

School days!

It feels like it's almost Christmas because it's gotten pretty cold the last two days. Although, it's been perfect weather for about a week. Denmark is really pretty nice in good weather. :)

So the start of school was really good. We went on a three day trip to the West Coast and it was wonderful! There are only 2 Americans here; me and another guy from Dallas, so that is fun. Everyone else is mostly from Europe, lots of Italians and Danes. It's helpful for my Danish, but everything at the school is either spoken in English or translated into English so I have to seek out people to speak Danish with.

This week started the first week of real school and I'm already enjoying my classes so much. Besides the Missions School, I'm taking a Biblical Doctrine class, Biblical Survey, Communication, Ethics/World Issues and Danish language classes. So, it's been really interesting. We had our first meeting with the Missions School today. It's a very small school because it's brand new, but I think it will be a really good group. We're planning two trips this year. The big one will be in April and we'll be going to Togo, Africa. At the end of November we will be going on a small trip to China. I'm really excited about these trips and I can already see areas of my life that God is shaping and molding. Missions is obviously something that God put on my heart many, many years ago. I could have chosen any of the other schools at the bible college because they all seem really great, but I feel so strongly that missions is where God is calling me for this year. It is both, Martin and my greatest passion, and we believe it could only come from the Lord. More details for those trips will come later this week, especially the China trip. Please just pray that we will continue to hear from the Lord this year.



Here are some of my classmates. This was on our trip to the West Coast. We realized after we had finished eating lunch that there were 9 different countries sitting at the table. It's so cool, I absolutely love it! In this picture we have 2 from Texas (the guy in the front is from Dallas) Japan, England, France, Denmark, Belgium, Switzerland, Wales and Italy. It's been a lot of fun hanging out with people from all over. You really learn a lot!




No comments: