Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The exciting world of no schedule!

So here I am on my 5th week in Denmark with absolutely no schedule. I must say, it does get a little old. :) I think you wish and wish for more time off, but then when you have too much, you can find another reason to complain. :) No, it's good really. I need to enjoy it and take it all in. I got to talk with my school leaders at the Bible College yesterday for the first time. I got a copy of the weekly schedule and it is going to be incredibly busy 5 days a week, so I know I will be wishing for that free time back again.

As of right now, I think I am leaning more towards the School of Missions than the Counseling School. I met the leader of that one and he was so excited about the new year. The Missions School will take 2 trips this year, one to China and one to Africa, so of course that makes it a bit more exciting. I have spoken with one girl who is also a teacher and she took the counseling school at the bible college. She said that it seemed like a lot of information that she already knew just from her education in being a teacher. So, I think I can see where God is leading me, but I am not for sure yet.

That brings me to my next prayer point. I just recently found out that I won't be able to work at all while I am here this year. Because of the type of school I am going to, the work/study visa doesn't apply to me. I only have a study visa. So...praise God, I sold my car, but I will have to trust the Lord to provide for my needs this year financially. I know he can and will do that, because I know he's called me here and he IS faithful. I am just having to learn how to live on a very small budget again...nothing like being a single teacher, who still lives at home. :)

We've been working so much with the teenagers. That is the one thing that really reminds me of home and I'm so glad that the Lord has given me the opportunity to step into that right away. Especially now, while I have a lot of free time. Martin and I are finding it hard to find time to sit down and plan our wedding...he is CRAZY busy. But, the reality is hitting me that I kind of need to get started on that, so hopefully soon we'll get the ball rolling.

I was kind of sad to miss the 1st day of school again this year, but I love hearing everyone's stories of ''school days''. It's just so fun.

Thanks for all your prayers! They're SO appreciated!

1 comment:

A J said...

Sorry to hear about your work/study visa. I'm excited to hear which program you choose. Sounds like you've got a good plan!