Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Back to school...back to school...(almost)




Ok, so here are some new pics of my nephew, David. I think I miss him more than humanly possible. Every time I get on Justin and Yvette's blog, I just want more than anything to be able to hold David. I've heard through my mom and Yvette that he's crawling faster than ever and saying "mama" now. I'm guessing that his next words are going to be "Aunt B" but I probably need to be coaching him a little more on that one. :)

We are on our 5th day in a row of sunshine in Denmark. I'm absolutely loving it. It makes riding your bike so much more pleasant when you don't have to worry about trying to do it in the rain. School starts on Monday. I am so excited. I've felt very encouraged this week knowing that next week, I will have a normal schedule, responsibility, homework, etc. :) I'm really excited to see what God is going to do.

I've become at peace with the fact that I won't be working while I am here. At first, it was a very scary thought, but God has already proven so faithful to provide whatever I need and I know I can trust him because he's called me here and still teaching me to depend on him for all my needs. I'm just so thankful for friends and for being a part of the body of christ.

Martin is working hard as always. He is almost finished remodeling his mom's house, just in time to begin building his brother's new house. I thought that I grew up in a family of construction, but I hadn't seen anything until this family. We've been working on new projects since I've been here. First it was my apartment, then his mom's house, now it will be Daniel and Pia's new house that they are building from the ground up. There is also another project in the future that is very exciting. The church has given Martin the opportunity to remodel this old farm building next to the church into a hang out/meeting place for the teenagers. With the help of Pia (she's an architect) they've made a plan for the space and the exciting part is that he will build an apartment attached that he will be able to live in, and then both of us after we are married. We'll get to design it ourselves and then also have someone pay us to build it. It's really exciting, but still in the very beginning stages, so we're still praying God will be done for it.

Teen Radical has been going great. I feel like I am finally really connecting with some of the kids and they are hungry for Jesus. The Danish church is very different from the American church, but I feel so blessed to be a part of this one, they are hungry for change and hungry for Jesus. I'm excited to see what will happen in this new year.

Check out the new pictures of Teen Radical on my Picasa.

http://picasaweb.google.com/LynseyWardlaw

1 comment:

Jodi said...

That is such a cute little man! David has gotten so big! You need to send a tape recorder to David and talk to him. Then he can really know his Aunt Lyns voice! ;)