Friday, October 3, 2008

Martin's Birthday!


This is a fun tradition. Danes always celebrate birthdays with Danish flags. So there were Danish flags all over the house. This is Martin's family while we waited for him and Daniel to get there.
He was very surprised! They had been shopping for tools, so he got there a little later than expected. :)
His mom gave me some candle holder, but he seems to think they are glasses. :)
Ok, so Martin is probably one of the hardest people in the world to surprise. After lots and lots of change of plans, we finally were able to surprise him on his birthday. It was great fun. Pia, Johan and I took the train to Vejle (where his mom lives) and Daniel kept him busy at the Lumber Store so we could get things ready. When he came in, we had hot chocolate and his mom cooked dinner. After dinner, he opened presents and we celebrated with some really yummy (nothing like I had tasted before) cake. :)
I got us tickets to see Casting Crowns in Arhus in November, and he was really excited about that. Johan just got back from the States, so he brought him some Dr. Pepper. That was exciting. It turned out to be a really good night.


2 comments:

Jodi said...

Love the pictures! So fun!!!! Your hair has gotten so long! ;) Growing it out?!

Lindsay Lou said...

Lyns! I'm so glad I found your blog. I really do think of you often! And now I can keep up with you. Looks like the Danes are treating you well!