Friday, August 1, 2008

Well taken care of!

Wow, I sure do feel welcome and well taken care of by my new Danish family. Yesteday I got to see my new apartment and OH WOW! When Martin sent me the pictures of the apartment I was a little worried. However, he and his family took off work for 3 days and worked on it and it is amazing. I got new sanded hard-wood floors, new countertops, stove, sink in the kitchen and bathroom as well as paint in all the rooms with new trim, an awesome ''raining'' shower head and my bed was set up with a new duvet and pillows. And the big surprise was my brand new bike :) I was absolutely overwhelmed! (oh yeah, and very important...a very nice coffee maker) Martin's family has welcomed me and tried to make me feel at home from the second I got here. I will post pictures of the new apartment as soon as we get some things moved in.

We went on a bike ride to the Bible College today and the church which is right across the street. It took about 2 minutes on my bike, so that's great. Then, we went through downtown and I figured out how to get to the grocery store and the library, which is really nice. It's so nice here in Kolding. There is a big castle in the middle of town which is surrounded by a cute little ''walking strees only'' downtown area.

Last night I ate with Daniel and Philip (martin's brothers) and Pia, Daniel's girlfriend. They are so nice and speak English beautifully, so that was really easy and fun. Today I met Jakob and Gitte (the people that Martin lives with) and their three kids. I went on a bike ride with the little boys Hans and David even though they don't speak English yet (they are 2 and 4) we managed to stay alive. :) I am already starting to pick up a lot of single Danish words. It's been so great so far. My roommate, Kelly gets here next Friday, so I'm excited about that and we'll finish up the aparment before that.

God is constantly reminding me of his blessings and his provision over Martin and I. It has been so good spending time together and figuring out how to do life together. God is growing us and I just pray that we will always be growing and learning in his will.

Miss you all very much... more updates to come.
(Don't forget to email me and keep me updated on your lives and how I can pray for you!)

1 comment:

The McEvilly's said...

How wonderful! Im so glad that you are feeling at home with Martin and his family! They sound to great. I love you so much Lyns and Im praying for you daily! -Erin