Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Becoming Familiar

3 beautiful days in Denmark in a row! I've heard that that is not very common, so I'm trying to take it all in and enjoy it. It was a great weekend. They had a "Culture Weekend" in downtown Kolding this weekend which just meant that all weekend downtown had different activities, bands, food, etc. On Saturday, the church worship team led worship in the streets and that was really fun. It was a beautiful day. I'm starting to meet lots of people and I love that I can now ride my bike down the street and constantly be running into people I know. It's really fun now that I am starting to get involved. I keep making all kinds of connections with people in the school and in the church.



Last night was the first night for Teen Radical. That is what they call the youth group and I stepped right into leadership there because Martin is the main leader with the youth pastor. The youth pastor is named Matt and he is from England. He's a pretty cool guy. The kids were sweet, they are pretty young because their high school only goes up to 9th grade, then they usually go to Boarding School which has it's own youth events. So these are 7-9th graders. They were fun, and really enjoyed practicing their English with me. It's hard to leave a place like Lake Highlands because those kids are passionately pursing Jesus, but we have big vision for the kids this year and I just keep praying for a breakthrough. We're starting Life Groups with them at the end of the month, which is going to be a big change for them, but I think it will be good.



This morning I got to teach in a religion class at Lykkergard Skole, the Danish school that Johan's parents work at. Johan's dad has a 9th grade class that is about to come to the US, so he wanted me to come and talk with them about church in the United States. It was really fun. The Danish school system is very different from ours, but it was really fun to be in front of a class again. Then, on my way home I ran into a lady named Tina who goes to the church and is an English teacher at the Boarding School and she asked if I would like to come talk to her classes too. So, I'm getting to be in the schools a little and work with the youth, so it's been good.



God has really been taking care of my heart because I have not been nervous or overwhelmed to meet people and branch out, even though the kids only speak limited English. Usually, I would really be nervous about that. Everyone here seems to already know me though, so that helps. I'm sure that's how Martin felt when he came to the States and met everyone.

So things have been good so far. I promise more pics will come soon. The problem is, I have them all on my computer, but I'm always using someone else's computer for internet. I'm sure life will be normal soon. :)

1 comment:

A J said...

wow, Lyns! You are doing some awesome stuff over there. I'm so proud. I love reading your updates.