Monday, August 11, 2008

Getting Settled

Well, I finally moved into my apartment. Kelly and I slept here for the first time Sunday night. We still have a lot to do, but we can function here now. So, in Denmark it is pretty custom/popular to paint every room in the house white, have white counter tops, etc. It's a very modern style. So, in order to keep our American style, we painted our living room GREEN, like leaves. :) and Kelly's room is bright blue. We felt it was necessary to be different in our style, since we aren't Danish. We had a great time doing it. For two American girls who moved to Denmark, we sure do have a lot of stuff, thanks to people constantly blessing us with furniture, dishes, etc. I just need a few more things, and we'll go to IKEA next weekend.

I got my VISA yesterday, praise Jesus! They actually sent it straight to my house so I don't even have to go to Copenhagen to pick it up like I thought I would. God is so good and faithful. It's my first day today by myself because Martin and Kelly both went to work today. Johan and I did some errands before he headed back to school and I got a lot of things done around the apartment, but I can tell that this is going to get quit boring after a while. Pray that God will provide me a job, now that I have a Visa. Pray that I will be led exactly where he wants me to be to work. It's kind of difficult finding a job when I don't speak Danish, but I'm confident that the Lord has something for me during this time, I just need to seek him to find out what it is.

Martin and I went to pick up Kelly and Johan in Germany on Friday morning. We left at 5:00 am to get there in time, but it was fun. We did a lot of shopping at the border of Denmark and Germany for really cheap. Then, we came back and worked on the apartment all day. The next day we worked at Martin's mom's house because she is remodeling, so I am pretty exausted today. I'm not sure yet if I realize that I'm still not on vacation, but I'm sure it will hit soon.

I hope everyone is doing great! I sure do miss all of you, and want to hear what is going on in your lives.

Vi ses!

No comments: