Saturday, August 15, 2009

Married, Building, Euroclass

Our Wedding in the Rocky Mountains




WOW, so much has happened since I last wrote in March! :) Oops! Martin and I had an AMAZING wedding the Rocky Mountains with our friends and family! We absolutely could not have asked for anything more in that week! God just blessed our socks off.

The week started with family, Danes and Americans arriving on Wednesday and checking into our Bed and Breakfast, Blue Lake Ranch. We had a picnic dinner set up in the meadow and it was simply perfect. All of my Danish and American friends and family became such good friends and we loved that! It was so important for both of us that we have "our worlds" cone together so they could better understand us. It was great weather and the food was perfect.

The next day we woke up and had breakfast together, then headed to the Event Center for a rehearsal. The rehearsal was great and while we were standing there, a heart appeared in the sky above our heads.
Then we all headed into Downtown Durango for lunch and shopping, and in the afternoon our White Water Rafting trip! One of Martin and my favorite memories of this week was being the last ones on the packed school bus and seeing all of our friends and family from so many places gathered together, ready to go rafting. It was so much fun...we dominated the river!

After the River Rafting we had a fantastic Rehearsal Dinner at ther Ranch. We honored our parents for all they had done for us.

The wedding day was beautiful! Everything was perfect, including the weather that we prayed about for so long! :) Our wedding was a mix of Danish and American culture and a new experience for everyone! Our friends and family blessed us with VERY creative speeches and toasts for 3 hours!! We shared some good food and then danced the rest of the night away! It was wonderful!

Back in DK
We are now back in DK and working hard on finishing the apartment so we can get moved in. Martin is finishing school during the day (5 more weeks!!!) and working on the apartment in the afternoons and weekends! It's a busy start, but we'll be so glad when these two things are done! We are blessed to be given a little apartment to live in until ours is finished.This is the building he is remodeling. It's the oldest farmhouse in Kolding, so it has a lot of history. He is building our apartment on the backside and the front half will be a teen club for the teens at the church.

Euroclass (www.euroclass.dk) There is a link for English
We started this week at Euroclass. It was a great week...very exciting, but also very hard on my brain. Everything in Euroclass is spoken in Danish, so I had a week of teacher orientation given in Danish. :) It will definitely help my learning this year! I will be teaching in English, though, praise Jesus! :) I will be teaching communications. I will teach the kids how to preach and share testimonies in English so that when we go on outreach to other countries they will feel confident. I will also be teaching bible lessons and discipleship. I'm so excited for what the Lord has in store for this year. Martin is coming on board at Euroclass as soon as he finishes his school in September, and we will be leading a team of about 13 kids on our first 3 week outreach in October! We feel so blessed!

Please Pray
Please pray for us that all the work that is ahead of us will get done quickly. (Martin building the apartment and TeenRadical club) and that he will also finish school and exams without too much stress. Pray for my Danish to come along. It's so important now, in my second year, that I understand when people speak Danish. Pray that I will have grace to learn fast and remember and practice!

I promise I will update more often! That is it for now! We love you...from Denmark!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Yeah Friend! Love it! I cannot wait to see pictures of the new place... you better blog about that! So glad we got to be apart of it all... it was amazing. We love you guys!

Vicki said...

Lyns! Loved your update! Your wedding was so much fun and so beautiful! I am so glad I got to be there!